Here’s all you need to know about face moisturizers for dry skin
Winter is approaching soon and you will have to use a modified regime for your skin to keep it healthy and moisturized. Primarily, this indicates the inclusion of a good face moisturizer. This apparently is because your skin will change as the atmosphere around you becomes increasingly dry. Whether you have a normal, oily or a naturally dry skin, a face moisturizer is a must for all the skin types. At the same time, it is important that you choose the right kind of moisturizer for your face. Here are some of the factors that you should keep in mind before buying a face moisturizer for dry skin.
- Age: You will find some products that are targeted towards consumers of a certain age. For instance, if someone is over forty then the moisturizer offered will not only hydrate their skin but will also help with skin related issues such as aging and wrinkling. Similarly, a person in their late twenties can opt for a moisturizing product that nourishes their facial skin as well as fights signs of premature aging and dullness.
- Type of skin: Your skin texture is a critical feature while choosing the right face moisturizer. For example, if you have an oily skin, a light face serum would be an apt choice. On the other hand, if you suffer from flaky and sensitive skin, then choose a heavy face moisturizer for dry skin which comprises of natural ingredients.
- Climate: If you live in an extreme chilly region, then you might need a moisturizer with rich and creamy elements. But if you happen to reside in a place where the winters are relatively balmier then you can choose a face moisturizer for dry skin that is mild but effective.
- Skin concerns: If your skin is dictated by problems like acne, pimples, patches, dullness, etc. then carefully pick your moisturizer. For example, if you are experiencing dryness and acne breakouts then a face moisturizer for dry skin shouldn’t comprise of trigger ingredients. So, scrutinize the product labels. If you seem unsure about the variants you are purchasing, then get a small sample pack.
- Sunscreen: Excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays like UVA and UVB can dehydrate the skin, cause fine lines and uneven skin tone. So, while you are perusing through different face moisturizers for dry skin, ensure that they contain SPF (sun protection factor). This is tremendously crucial if you happen to spend a lot of time in the outdoors.The following are some of the popular face moisturizers for dry skin. You can choose the one that suits your skin, age, climate and budget constraints.
- Weleda Skin Food: This moisturizer for dry skin comprises calendula, chamomile, oils, and beeswax. It can be used on the certain body parts like face, hands, elbows, and knees to battle rough skin during winters. It also helps your face give a more radiant appearance. You can buy this product for $19.
- Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme+ Global Anti-Aging Wake Up Balm: If you are facing signs of aging and dullness on the skin, then this product might be great for you. It contains plant stem cell extracts that work on minimizing the skin’s fine lines, wrinkles and makes it look firmer, brighter and softer. You can purchase this moisturizing balm at $62.
- EltaMD Moisturizer: If you are looking for something that is light and easily blends with your skin, then consider buying EltaMD Moisturizer that comprises petrolatum and paraffin. It is gentle on irritated and flaky skin, and this makes it an ideal pick for dry and sensitive skin. The best part is that it doesn’t contain any parabens, preservatives, and fragrances. You can get it for $11.50.
- Philosophy’s hope in a jar: This face moisturizer by Philosophy contains lactic acid and alpha hydroxy acid helps in eliminating dead skin cells. Additionally, the beta-glucan rejuvenates the skin by making it more radiant and firmer. Hope in a jar is an excellent product for people having a combination skin. It is currently valued at $39.
- Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturizer: This rich, lightweight moisturizer contains conditioning ingredients such as borage oil, beta carotene, echinacea, glycerin, wheat germ oil, avocado oil and Vitamin E. It is known to moisturize the skin without being intensely greasy. One jar of this moisturizer costs around $40.
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Comforting Cream: If you are experiencing extreme dryness on the face, try this dense moisturizer formulated with shea butter which soothes the damaged skin and makes it suppler. It can maintain moisture for up to 24 hours. You can buy this velvety cream for $34.If you are not comfortable using commercial skin nourishing products, then you can opt for natural facial moisturizers to combat dryness. These include elements that can be easily found in your kitchen or supermarkets. Aloe vera, milk, cucumber, yogurt, raw honey, coconut oil, olive oil, lavender oil, jojoba oil, shea butter, avocado, etc. are some of the popularly used ingredients in DIY moisturizing creams.