Symptoms, Precautions and Treatment for Stage 3 Kidney Disease
Remedies & Treatments
The number of kidney patients has increased by the time because of various lifestyle issues. In chronic kidney diseases, the organ cannot function the way it is naturally supposed to. It is neither considered as kidney failure nor fully functional. A moderate problem occurs in the glomerular filtration rate known as GFR, which leads to the stage 3 kidney disease. However, at this particular stage, the necessity to transplant a kidney or undergo dialysis treatment is not operational. It is better to detect as early as possible so that medication and proper diet control can prevent the disease to increase further.
How is stage 3 kidney disease diagnosed?
When a patient starts complaining about urination, pain in legs, and pain in the kidney areas and finds difficult to do regular household jobs, then one must go for a blood test on doctor’s recommendation. A perceptive analysis executed for kidney function, i.e., GFR. There are specific measures used for the particular test such as- age, race, sex, serum, and creatinine. A blood test is utilized to determine the creatinine and serum levels in the body. The kidneys do not function properly when the creatinine levels are higher than expected and a waste of the body such as fluid can’t be removed easily. Hence, the stage 3 kidney disease is divided into two segments-
- Stage 3 A
The range of GFR is 45-59mL/min (moderate chronic kidney disease)
- Stage 3 B
The range of GFR is 30-44mL/min (mild chronic kidney disease)
What are the primary symptoms?
People suffering through stage 3 kidney disease may get alarmed with specific symptoms. Some significant warning signs listed below-
- Excessive fluid retention
The loss of protein is higher through urine, and that is the reason why kidneys can’t determine the amount of fluid that should retain. This malfunction of kidney results in fluid retention. When your feet and legs begin to swell and your regular size shoes do not fit, and you feel immense pain in legs, then storage of fluid is the cause.
People suffering from stage 3 kidney disease will often complain about fatigue. Their stamina decreases and the patient develops anemia because of the fatigue felt throughout day and night.
- High blood pressure issues
Mostly patients who have high blood pressure develop kidney disease. In fact, the vice versa phenomenon noticed in stage 3 CKD patients. 50 to 75 % of patients complain of high blood pressure which diagnosed CKD recently.
- Urine symptoms
An acidic or foamy substance noticed in the urine when blood cells or protein is present. Frequent urination or urge to go on a short period is the primary symptom of CKD.
- Back pain
Constant pressure and strain on the back side of the abdomen and complains to find difficult to lie on the back.
What are the risk factors involved?
When a patient is suffering from stage 3 kidney diseases, then it is essential to explain the risk factors involved. When risks are explained and precautions are determined by the patient, it becomes easier to treat CKD. Here are some points which include risk factors-
- Cardiovascular problems
In this case of CKD, the chances of developing a cardiovascular disease is higher. It is necessary to decline the percentage of GFR and proteinuria from the blood or else heart is at risk.
- Puts pressure on other organs
The liver, stomach, and other organs are at risk because they function in a chain.
How to prevent stage 3 kidney disease?
You can prevent stage 3 in Chronic Kidney Disease by following three ways-
- A kidney-friendly diet which contains no protein or phosphorus rich contents is necessary to comply. It consists of the right amount of calories, i.e., no extra fatty food or acidic preparations. Overweight patients are strictly advised to lose some weight. Avoid smoking completely. Milk, cheese, seeds, beans, and ice cream are some food items that a patient should avoid. Therefore, high potassium foods such as avocados, nuts, potatoes, bananas, honeydew and legumes all are necessary to prevent. Protein foods which do not contain potassium and phosphorus are healthy.
- Medication requirement on a regular basis necessary to focus. At stage 3, you need to follow a routine blood test to keep an eye on the creatinine levels. On the other hand, you should consume drugs prescribed by the physician timely to avoid later destruction of the kidney function.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption wholly banned in case of chronic kidney disease. A moderate exercise on regular terms advised so that further depletion of the kidneys prevents.
The treatment of stage 3 kidney disease is a long-term process. In most cases, one has to go through the dialysis process. If the kidneys are been severely damaged, then one has to pt for a kidney transplant. The treatment is for a lifetime even if stage 2 or 1 achieved. Kidneys by the age start showing adverse symptoms, and one should keep a check on the urine.