Things to Know about Libido Boosters
Age brings numerous changes in our lives. Some changes are physical, some emotional, and some pertaining to your health. Sex life is no exception to the changes that age brings with it. A slackening in the sex drive happens to almost anyone. At some point in life, most people feel their sex life isn’t what it used to be. The levels of sex hormones start to steadily decrease after the age of 30. The irony is that although we may be concerned about these ebbs and flows in our sex life, we hardly muster the courage to discuss this with our partner or with a physician.
Some changes in sex life may occur due to health issues or side effects of medication as well. Even psychological stress could be disrupting your sex life. Lack or lowering of sex drive can happen to both males and females. Unless there is some permanent damage to the organs or illness, the sex drive can be revived in many cases. Libido supplements do help for some people in bringing back the excitement. Choosing the best libido boosters requires quite a bit of research and consultation with your physician.
Do libido boosters work?
Tested and legally approved libido boosters are known to work. The best libido boosters are composed of clinically and scientifically tested herbs, vitamins and minerals that are known to improve sex drive. The role of libido boosters is as follows:
- To activate inert testosterone in the body for better utilization
- To improve the pace at which this hormone is produced by the body
- To inhibit estrogen production that uses up testosterone
These libido boosters are absolutely safe to use for men who do not have any pre-existing health condition. Most of the ingredients for the best libido boosters come from natural sources like plants and herbs.
Best libido boosters
Libido boosters have many benefits apart from increasing testosterone levels. Here are some of the benefits of increased testosterone levels:
- Libido boosters are known to build muscle mass
- Regulate insulin and glucose levels
- Improve your sex drive
- They elevate your mood
- Increase your energy and metabolism levels
- Improve your cardiovascular health and strengthen bones.
A round-up of the best libido boosters:
- Tribulus Terrestris: This is a Mediterranean plant that is also called puncture vine. The fruit, leaf or root of this plant is used for making libido boosters.
- Maca: This is also known as Peruvian ginseng. People who are taking some medication for depression may experience a drop in sex drive. Libido boosters made of this herb help in increasing sex drive.
- L-arginine: This is essentially an amino acid. Issues like erectile dysfunction can be treated to an extent by using this supplement. However, this produces many side effects that one has to be aware of before consumption.
- Propionyl –L-Carnitine: This supplement helps make Viagra more effective for men who are diabetic and have erectile dysfunction.
- SAM-e: Most anti-depressants cause a dip in sex life. This supplement helps in reversing this effect. However, this supplement must not be taken along with anti-depressants.
- Panax Ginseng: This supplement helps boost sex drive for women undergoing menopause. Before taking this supplement, a consultation with the physician is absolutely necessary.
- Tongkat Ali: This is a natural libido booster that has been used for decades for improving the sex drive. This herb increases the blood flow to the genitals and also improves overall male fertility. Another benefit of this herb is that it improves the quality, motility, and concentration of the sperm.
The most important thing to remember while taking libido boosters is to follow the prescription and the physician’s advice carefully. When the recommended dosage is not followed, the consumption can lead to serious health issues.
Exercises to improve libido are also popular among men. Cardiovascular exercises promote a healthy circulatory system, which in turn gives you more enhances your energy levels. Increased blood flow to your genitalia increases libido. Kegel or pelvic floor exercises strengthen the entire pelvic region. These exercises are known to increase libido and also decrease the chances of sexual dysfunction.
Supplements for increasing libido are composed of natural herbs like Tongkat Ali. They also include L-arginine for improving the benefits of kegel exercises.
Some popular libido boosters available commercially are as follows:
- Male Extra
- VigRX Plus
- Vydox Male Enhancement
- AlphaMan Pro Male Enhancement
- Size Genix
The best libido boosters must be chosen after due diligence and products from trusted and reliable manufacturers alone must be bought. Those with pre-existing medical conditions or allergies must carefully look at the manufacturer’s labels before buying libido boosters.